Geoff graduated from The University of Akron School of Law in 1988. He immediately began establishing his practice in the Akron area. Although Geoff’s practice takes him over the entire State of Ohio, his practice is focused primarily in Stark, Summit and Cuyahoga Counties.
In 1992, Geoff joined with Tom Semple to form Semple & Eicher. Geoff’s practice is focused on business matters, business litigation and injury litigation. Geoff’s corporate client list is diverse with regard to size and industry. During his career, Geoff has helped his business clients with many sales or purchases of businesses, mergers, contract negotiations, contract disputes, and litigation involving the prosecution or defense of claims by or against his clients.
Geoff also represents individuals in significant injury claims arising out of all or other types of negligence. Further, Geoff represents individuals in legal malpractice and medical malpractice claims or otherwise other significant injuries resulting from professional malpractice.
Below are just some of the verdicts, judgment and/or settlements Geoff has achieved in matters of litigation on behalf of his clients:
- $2 million for severe injuries suffered as a result of an automobile collision
- $1.5 million for moderate brain injury suffered as a result of an automobile collision (policy limits)
- $325,000 for back injury resulting in cervical fusion following an automobile collision
- $300,000 for mild brain injury suffered in a motorcycle collision
- $150,000 for mild post concussive syndrome following car accident
- $175,000 for broken arm resulting from negligence of business owner
- $1.6 million for legal malpractice and fraud from lawyers misappropriation of client funds
- $250,000 for legal malpractice in failing to thoroughly review a business transaction resulting in $250,000 loss to client (policy limits)
- $200,000 for legal malpractice in failing to properly defend a client against a claim of corporate fraud (policy limits)
- $600,000 in will contest action/trust construction litigation
- $250,000 for legal malpractice in failing to properly handle divorce
- Successful defence of corporate client against multi-million dollar claim of misappropriation of business opportunity and RICO violations (case dismissed)
- Successful defence of corporate client against dram shop claim resulting in the death of mother and two children (case dismissed)
- Successful defence of corporate client against dram shop claim resulting in serious and permanent disability to two pedestrians (judgement for defence)
- $100,000 for former president of company for breach of contract/slander against his former employer
- Successful defence of corporate employer against breach of contract claims by former high ranking officer exceeding $140,000 (judgement for defence)
- Numerous successful cases involving both the prosecution and defence of noncompetition agreements
- $360,000 for breach of contract
- $2 million for wrongful death of man due to medical negligence (policy limits)
- $500,000 in medical negligence case for delay in diagnosing bladder cancer
- $275,000 in medical negligence case for severing facial nerve
- $175,000 in medical negligence case for injuries to 92-year-old man in psychiatric facility
- Numerous cases between $100,000 and $200,000 for injuries suffered by elder clients as a result of nursing home neglect
- $425,000 for failure to timely diagnose infection
Geoff has earned the respect of his legal peers. A significant percentage of his clients are referred by attorneys from other firms. Geoff is a member of the Akron Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, and the Ohio Association for Justice. Geoff also has been asked to serve on various commissions for the Akron Bar Association.